Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2020, 14:53   #1
Jim Kerney, PedPox-Pedestal Pockets

Boat: Sabre 402 Sloop
PedPox - Pedestal Pockets discount for Forum Members

If you have a classic standard 4" helm pedestal, you should check out PedPox.com for our new and unique storage pockets. Pedestal Pockets enable you to keep all of your essential gear securely at the helm and within your reach. I use it for my VHF, iPhone, sunscreen, rigging knife, blistex and glasses. Use promocode Forum15 before mid June to secure yours at PedPox.com.
PedPox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:20   #2

Boat: Sabre 402
Re: PedPox - Pedestal Pockets discount for Forum Members

I just ran out of Tan with Black mesh, but the other colors (Blue or Black bases with White or Black mesh) are all still available to Forum Members at the discount.
SabreME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 14:41   #3

Boat: Hallberg Rassy Rasmus

This looks a wonderful product. The name is an unfortunate choice, though - sounds like a foot disease!
Old 06-05-2020, 05:02   #4

Yes, I'll admit that my wife and I struggled mightily with the name as it had to be short, available as a URL, and somewhat descriptive. And yes it could be a foot disease or even worse, but the product, the Pedestal Pocket, ends up speaking for itself.

I've shipped hundreds out to the far seas of the world and not yet had one returned or one negative comment. Someone suggested I should charge more, and we have slightly modified the design and lightened our packaging footprint based on feedback from our users. But until we find a killer name, we're going to stick with PedPox. THX for the feedback. Good luck avoiding any foot disease, and happy cruising.
Old 28-05-2020, 09:42   #5

Boat: Island Packet IP440 - Moondance

I have a 2007 Island Packet with a custom rectangular pedestal. If I measure the circumference, will you have a product that fits?
Thanks.
rhpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 09:57   #6

RHP,
Hmmm, rectangular concerns me given that a pocket could straddle a corner and then be left unusable. That said, if you wanted, I could send you a unit that you could either try It or use it as a template to make one for your Island Packet. The other option, assuming the “circumference” is larger is to just add a length of Velcro like an airplane seatbelt extender.

In some ways, a rectangular base is a better fit for the concept, but not the design point for PedPox. There are just too many 4” round pedestals...including my own...not to design for that. And I did this just for my boat, but now everyone wants them and we’ve mailed hundreds around the world. Fun.

I think I have a few around which are prototypes using slightly different materials, earlier designs, or mis-stitched. I could pop one of them in the mail if you. Send me your address. Use my direct email below outside the forum as easier to deal with while I am off the grid. Thx.

Jim

Jim Kerney
1015 Shore Rd.
Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107
jimkerney@gmail.com
Old 23-06-2020, 13:15   #7

LMK if there is interest, and I'll extend this due to the shortened C19 launch cycles.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:23   #8

Boat: Sabre 402

FYI....I am opening back up the Forum15 promocode for PedPox until 12/20/20. >>>

If you have a classic standard 4" helm pedestal, you should check out PedPox.com for our new and unique storage pockets. Pedestal Pockets enable you to keep all of your essential gear securely at the helm and within your reach. I use it for my VHF, iPhone, sunscreen, rigging knife, blistex and glasses. Use promocode Forum15 before 12/20/20 to secure yours at PedPox.com.
SabreME is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
member, pedestal, rum