Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2014, 10:52   #76

Re: New Year Giveaway! Hopkins Carter

I managed to stop by Hopkins Carter yesterday to collect my winnings. I had been there a few times in the past, but I had never met the commander in chief & I had never seen the fisherman's paradise that he has up on the second floor.

I knew from his posts here on the board, that Hopcar is the kind of guy who digs deeply into things & develops a detail-rich base of knowledge with which he can help his clients. His posts about Lehr outboards are a prime example. What I didn't realize, was that he has a staff of equally well informed individuals to back him up at the shop. As an example, Captain Eddie & crew upstairs in the fishing department know 10 times more about modern fishing options than I even knew existed. On top of that, they were not only willing, but happy to help out a junior grade fisherman like me. If I ever decide to step up a few levels & fly a kite fishing rig off of my boat, these guys will be my go-to resource.

Hopkins Carter is the kind of place that I can comfortably recommend to anyone that needs help selecting the best possible equipment for their boat. Hopcar has very good prices on a lot of things too.
pbiJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:37   #77

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ellis Flybridge 28
Re: New Year Giveaway! Hopkins Carter

Jim, thanks for your kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you. Sorry I couldn't spend more time with you, boat show has me hopping!