Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruisers Forum Sponsors > Vendor Spotlight - Great Deals for CF Members!
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2011, 08:35   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lyle C. Hess owner built 29'6" cutter
L&L Pardey Annapolis Boatshow Location and a Free Fun Evening with Slideshow

Just found out where our booth is at the Annapolis boatshow. Larry and I will spend most of our time between seminars at F3, near the main entrance. We're sharing a booth with Tory Salvia of www.thesailingchannel.tv.

Looks like our friends at CRAB (Chesapeake Regional Accessible Boating - sailors with disabilities) have found a hall they can use on Sunday evening after the show. We'll put on a slide presentation called "Wind, Sand and Sea - Four Adventures".

The CRAB folks will put out nibbles, and while there'll be no charge to come along, to earn some funds there will be a raffle with some real nice items for Christmas gifts or for yourself.

We're cobbling this together, so come to our booth, the CRAB booth, or the CRAB boat to get a printed invite and directions to the hall. We sure appreciate your help, as CRAB does some wonderful work on a real shoestring.

Lin
Lin Pardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 08:48   #2

Boat: Rhodes 32
re: L&L Pardey Annapolis Boatshow Location and a Free Fun Evening with Slideshow

Sounds like a good booth. I might be up there and if so will be sure to stop by. Any kind of Cruisers Forum special for members? That would be fun.
Richard Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 12:36   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

re: L&L Pardey Annapolis Boatshow Location and a Free Fun Evening with Slideshow

Okay, Cruiser Forum members who identify themselves can have a 10% discount on any of our books that are not already discounted as boat show/seminar specials. Be nice to meet up with some of the names we see on the forum.
Old 27-09-2011, 12:48   #4
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck

Gotta

to fly so you can be found?

; -)

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
sarafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 12:50   #5

Boat: Rhodes 32

Awesome! Love your article in this October's Cruising World. I think a big mistake people make is to put on too much gear before seeing what they really need.
Richard Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 13:09   #6
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Thanks Richard. I haven't seen how the presented the article yet. They do nice work though. How do I get a Cruisers forum flag to fly? Do you have one in Annapolis?
Old 28-09-2011, 18:35   #7

Boat: Cal 28 II - Outside Time
Lin, you did a great job at your presentation in scituate, ma a couple weeks ago. My wife and I really enjoyed it. I only wish we could attend this presentation but we have to head back to Boston Sunday morning. Anybody considering going, do it!!! You will not be disappointed!
Scituate Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 00:52   #8

Boat: Deja Vu - Catalina 36 MK I

If I simply get to stop by, say hello and meet you and Larry it will make the entire trip from Los Angeles worthwhile. You two have been my heroes (and heroin) for YEARS.

Mike
MikeinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 17:32   #9
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Thanks to everyone for sharing the info about the CRAB fund raiser. These folks really do need a hand. Right now we have about 15 raffle items lined up, the folks from Good Old boat are on board with Shirts and hats, Tory Salvia from www.thesailingchannel.tv has donated ten really good sailing DVD's. Paradise Cay has donated a wonderful limited edition book called Classic, we haven't confirmed a possible $500 gift certificate from a major local marine store.

Please do stop by just to say hello. We enjoy chatting with friends we haven't met yet.

See you there.

Tags
annapolis, fun, pardey