At Cruisers Forum we are pleased to offer members the occasional Vendor Giveaway Prize, which we hope will help our members learn about the sponsors who support our community. Our goal is to create ways for members to engage with our sponsors, earning a chance to win a prize donated by the sponsor
. We feel this will provide the sponsor
a unique opportunity to embrace our laser focused audience and provide our amazing members an easy and free way to win some gear!
1 x discount voucher for a 60% discount! (unlimited total value) for one lucky GRAND PRIZE winner
3 x discount vouchers for a 45% discount each! (unlimited total value)
3 x discount vouchers for a 30% discount each! (unlimited total value)
Total value? I can't put a price on that! It depends how much the winners chose to buy - but it could be worth a LOT!!!
AND - if you win the discount vouchers...
You don't have to buy everything you paste here, but you do have to paste everything you might want to purchase - so go crazy with those links!
is so important; it can make or break your time spent on the water
. Quite apart from knowing how to anchor
, secure holding in an anchorage often depends on the type of equipment
selected. In 2005, a new, shining anchor
came to the marine
market. The ULTRA Anchor
quickly established a reputation for excellent holding power and its adorable stainless steel
look. The history
of the development of this most technically advanced anchor the world has seen is as interesting, and surprising, as the level of acceptance these brilliantly engineered anchors have achieved. While most well-known anchors have evolved from the world’s established maritime nations, the ULTRA Anchor was first designed and manufactured by a little known Turkish engineering firm, based in Istanbul
. Perhaps most importantly, it was two men
, Yılmaz Yucel and Nejat Ovutmen, passion for engineering and boating
which led to the development of an anchor that boasts the ultimate in holding power.
Formed in 2000, Boyut Marine
was established as the Marine Department of Boyut Mechanical Industry, which had been designing and manufacturing stainless steel
since 1978. The department changed its name to ULTRA Marine in 2012 after their ULTRA branded products become more known than Boyut Marine. With a team of engineers and a warehouse facility well over fifteen times its original facility, but still in the same complex, ULTRA Marine moved into full-scale production, fabricating anchors from 316L stainless steel
all completely by hand. As of July 1, 2016 Ultra Marine
purchased its USA distribution QuicklineUSA and changed its name to Ultra Marine West
. Today, Yucel and Ovutmen remain, directors of the company with Yucel’s sons, Erkutay Yucel and Erkay Yucel, managing international sales of their products.
HOW TO ENTER
- Visit the site: Ultra Marine West, select the products you would like if you win one of the prizes and copy the URL on the product page.
- Paste the URLs into a single post in this thread/discussion and add a note about why you would like to win or how you might use the item
- That's all you have to do but you must not forget to include the links!
Good luck and thank you for playing!
More Rules and Info:
- Any member of Cruisers Forum may enter.
- Members can only post once in the contest thread, so be sure to check you have included the link before you post!
- Entries without links will be disqualified.
- Members who have made a mistake may hit the red triangle to report the post and alert the moderators.
- Members must post a link back to Ultra Marine West to some of the the goods they might like to win.
- On the last day of the contest we will close the thread and randomly pick a post (or posts) in the thread, that will be the winner. We will use Random.org to choose numbers between 1 and the last entry number (seeing the first post is the announcement). Whatever number is selected equates to the post number that wins.
- No purchase is required to enter.
- We will announce the winner at the end of the thread and close it again.
- Members who break the rules will be disqualified!
This contest will end on March 1, 2022
Winners will be chosen at random at the end of the giveaway.
If you have a question about how to enter or have trouble with your entry post please contact a moderator but don't post to this thread.
If you are a new member
your post may take a little time to display - please do not resubmit the post.