At Cruisers Forum we are pleased to offer members the occasional Vendor Giveaway Prize, which we hope will help our members learn about the sponsors who support our community. Our goal is to create ways for members to engage with our sponsors, earning a chance to win a prize donated by the sponsor
. We feel this will provide the sponsor
a unique opportunity to embrace our laser focused audience and provide our amazing members an easy and free way to win some gear!
A special thanks to OceanPlanet Energy for providing the prizes for our Late August Giveaway:
2 X Solbian Energy Flyers ($169 each)
(2 winners). Energy Flyer is the most advanced solar
in the market. The perfect choice for people who need energy without compromises, in the most critical missions, for leisure or work
1 x 50% off a purchase of three Firefly L15+ 4V batteries (~$1000.00 value)
(1 winner) More info about the batteries
OceanPlanet Energy Inc: providing clients anywhere in the world with the best marine energy storage and charging systems.
Bruce Schwab is a lifelong marine services professional and two-time solo circumnavigator.
As an adolescent he spent two years cruising with his father and brothers. Afterwards, settling in Northern California
he led the Rigging
Shop at Svendsens Marine
from 1981 to 2000. During this time he restored his 1930 30sq Meter “Rumbleseat” (now based in Tortola as “Diva”).
After winning many crewed, double-handed, and solo sailing races, including the 1996 Singlehanded Transpac aboard Rumbleseat, he retired from Svendsens to oversee the design & building of the all-American Open 60 OceanPlanet. After completing his first circumnavigation
in the 2002/2003 Around Alone Race
, he came to Portland
OceanPlanet for the 2004/2005 Vendee Globe Race
(solo, nonstop, around the world). On February 25, 2005, Bruce became the first American in history
to officially finish the Vendee Globe, and currently holds the American solo circumnavigation record
of 109 days and 20 hours.
Since then he has devoted himself to providing clients anywhere in the world with the best marine
systems. Now living in the mid-coast town of Woolwich, Maine
, Bruce is an avid bicycle racer
and regularly plays his collection of acoustic guitars.
To enter, simply do the following:
- Visit the site Ocean Planet Energy
- Select a product you would like to own or think would be an awesome addition to your boat!
- Copy the URL of that item from the OceanPlanet Energy Website (the web address at top of your browser) and paste the URL into a post in this thread/discussion.
- Include a few words in your entry post about why you would like to own that item and how you might use it.
That's all you have to do, BUT you must do both things.
More Rules and Info:
- Any member of Cruisers Forum may enter.
- Members can only post once in the contest thread, so be sure to check you have included the link AND short statement about the item and how you might use it or why you think desire it before you post!
- Entries without links will be disqualified.
- Members who have made a mistake may hit the red triangle to report the post and alert the moderators.
- Members must post a link back to Ocean Planet Energy product page.
- On the last day of the contest we will close the thread and randomly pick a post (or posts) in the thread, that will be the winner. We will use Random.org to choose a number between 2 and the last entry number (seeing the first post is the announcement). Whatever number is selected equates to the post number that wins.
- No purchase is required to enter.
- We will announce the winner at the end of the thread and close it again.
- Members who break the rules will be disqualified!
This contest will end on August 26th, 2019
Winners will be chosen at random at the end of the giveaway, on 08/26/2019
If you have a question about how to enter please contact a moderator but don't post to this thread.
If you are a new member
your post may take a little time to display - please do not resubmit the post.