Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2020, 06:44   #1
Sponsoring Vendor

BlsLifepo4battery.com coupon code: "BLS5" for 5% off

Hello, all Cruisers Forum members get an additional 5% off of our store wide! This special discount can be used at any time in addition to all sale prices. Simply use the promo code "BLS5" at checkout. And all ship for free and custom tax free.

We have overseas warehouse for Grade A 3.2v 135AH and 3.2v 190AH LiFePO4 baterry, only take 3-7 days to deliver

If anyone have questions let us know.

www.blslifepo4battery.com
BLS Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:57   #2
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Re: BlsLifepo4battery.com coupon code: "BLS5" for 5% off

These batteries are used, right? Do you also sell brand new batteries?
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 23:51   #3
Sponsoring Vendor

Hi, these batteries is brand new

www.blslifepo4battery.com
BLS Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:44   #4

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS Battery View Post
Hi, these batteries is brand new
New? Can you supply manufacturer data sheet? Do they have the original QR code? Test report with internal resistance etc?

If you maintain a US stock of new, genuine grade A cells at reasonable price then you have a success at hand, but it needs to be clear what exactly you sell and that includes manufacturers spec sheets, production dates, new or used, grade A or B in writing at the product pages etc. I see Calb cells that don’t mention grade but say “undamaged condition”. This is disparaging.
Old 06-06-2020, 00:40   #5

Boat: 31ft tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
New? Can you supply manufacturer data sheet? Do they have the original QR code? Test report with internal resistance etc?

If you maintain a US stock of new, genuine grade A cells at reasonable price then you have a success at hand, but it needs to be clear what exactly you sell and that includes manufacturers spec sheets, production dates, new or used, grade A or B in writing at the product pages etc. I see Calb cells that don’t mention grade but say “undamaged condition”. This is disparaging.
I have 12 x 150ah batteries from bls. 450ah setup. They are new and are true to capacity. I purchase via aliexpress and have nothing but praise for the product and transaction.

Would have been nice to get the discount!
Cowpoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:06   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post

I noticed they do list some of the CALB cells as grade A with a correspondingly higher price so presumably those not listed as such are not.
redneckrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:28   #7

Boat: Beebe Passagemaker 50'

Interesting, on their website, under warranty, they state:

Warranty
As a professional distribution and manufacturer of lithium iron phosphate in China,we know the importance of maintaining the consistency of each cell in the battery pack,After receiving the customer's order, we need to balance all cells in 4-7 days, which depends on the quantity ordered by the customer. We need to ensure that the battery capacity, internal resistance and voltage received by the customer are consistent, which is very important.

In my limited experience, quality batteries are built to rigorous standards and go though significant testing to ensure that they meet those standards. Batteries that DON'T meet those standards are often sold off as "seconds" (various names are used).

The portion is red above concerns me, because it appears they have to sort through numerous batteries to find the ordered quantity whose specs are within shouting distance of each other (spec wise) to fulfill the customers order . . . .

Maybe I'm reading this all wrong, but I've never heard a battery manufacturer, like Battleborn make a statement like this . . .

Am I missing something? Thoughts?
BlueH2Obound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:00   #8

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpoos View Post
I have 12 x 150ah batteries from bls. 450ah setup. They are new and are true to capacity. I purchase via aliexpress and have nothing but praise for the product and transaction.

Would have been nice to get the discount!
Did they provide you with the data sheet from the manufacturer? Do the specs on that sheet, incl. capacity, match the product info for the cells you bought? Do you cells have the original QR code?

As long as those questions remain unanswered, it is questionable imho.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:02   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueH2Obound View Post
Interesting, on their website, under warranty, they state:

Warranty
As a professional distribution and manufacturer of lithium iron phosphate in China,we know the importance of maintaining the consistency of each cell in the battery pack,After receiving the customer's order, we need to balance all cells in 4-7 days, which depends on the quantity ordered by the customer. We need to ensure that the battery capacity, internal resistance and voltage received by the customer are consistent, which is very important.

In my limited experience, quality batteries are built to rigorous standards and go though significant testing to ensure that they meet those standards. Batteries that DON'T meet those standards are often sold off as "seconds" (various names are used).

The portion is red above concerns me, because it appears they have to sort through numerous batteries to find the ordered quantity whose specs are within shouting distance of each other (spec wise) to fulfill the customers order . . . .

Maybe I'm reading this all wrong, but I've never heard a battery manufacturer, like Battleborn make a statement like this . . .

Am I missing something? Thoughts?
These are just the cells, Battleborn only sells a complete unit with integrated BMS. So it's a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. You really couldn't do that check on the cells of a Battleborn without taking it apart in a way it wasn't designed for, and you're paying a 2 or 3X premium for the fact they did it for you.

If you know how to build a pack and understand what you're getting these are a decent deal and the people on the DYI solar and electric car forums report good experiences with this company. If you think you're going to just slap these cells in as a drop in replacement for a battery a la Battleborn, then this is absolutely not the place you should be buying from.
Old 06-06-2020, 19:54   #10

Boat: Beebe Passagemaker 50'

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrob View Post
These are just the cells, Battleborn only sells a complete unit with integrated BMS. So it's a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. You really couldn't do that check on the cells of a Battleborn without taking it apart in a way it wasn't designed for, and you're paying a 2 or 3X premium for the fact they did it for you.

If you know how to build a pack and understand what you're getting these are a decent deal and the people on the DYI solar and electric car forums report good experiences with this company. If you think you're going to just slap these cells in as a drop in replacement for a battery a la Battleborn, then this is absolutely not the place you should be buying from.

I understand that these are just the cells. Battleborn was just mentioned as a reference, not the primary gist of my response. I guess my point is that reading some of the information on their website brought up a lot of questions. My recommendation is for any purchaser go into any dealings with this company with their eyes wide open . . . .
BlueH2Obound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 20:37   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueH2Obound View Post
I understand that these are just the cells. Battleborn was just mentioned as a reference, not the primary gist of my response. I guess my point is that reading some of the information on their website brought up a lot of questions. My recommendation is for any purchaser go into any dealings with this company with their eyes wide open . . . .
That advice applies to pretty much any cell purchase. If it sounds too good to be true, it is, and you need to have your big boy/girl pants on before playing in that sandbox. Fortunately there are some very active forums on this subject, so you can get a decent idea of the good and bad players by scanning them.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:59   #12

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrob View Post
That advice applies to pretty much any cell purchase. If it sounds too good to be true, it is, and you need to have your big boy/girl pants on before playing in that sandbox. Fortunately there are some very active forums on this subject, so you can get a decent idea of the good and bad players by scanning them.
If this is the same seller it appears to be on AliExpress then they do get many positive reviews on Will Prowse’s forum, I have seen those. But I have also seen many reviews for these same sells revealing they are not new, just rewrapped, had their QR codes scraped off and often labeled as less capacity than the factory spec sheet says.

I do not think it is unreasonable to get an answer on the QR code scraped off or not and to see the manufacturer data sheet. Especially not when one claims to be that manufacturer. The absence of response is telling: if not too lazy to deal with it, it must mean the answers are not favorable

Tags
battery, lifepo4