Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 06:28   #1

Boat: Lagoon 420
Xantrex Compatibility

I have been looking at a few Xantrex solutions. Peaking my interest are two units:

(1) MS 3000 Inverter/Charger (Xantrex Technology Inc. - Boats - MS Series True Sine Wave Inverter/Charger - Product Information)
(2) XW Solar Charge Controller (Xantrex Technology Inc. - Commercial Solar - XW Solar Charge Controller - Product Information)

Both seem to use the Xanbus network "standard" but it seems they are not compatible at the network level. They would therefore need two separate controllers :

(1) Xantrex System Control Panel (Xantrex Technology Inc. - Boats - Xantrex System Control Panel - Product Information)
(2) XW System Control Panel (XW System :: The Next Generation :: XW SCP)

Looking at these two controllers they look pretty similar. The question that comes to mind is can the XW Solar Charge Controller be controlled by the first panel? Has anyone had any experience of these products?
Old 11-03-2008, 10:14   #2

Boat: Lagoon 420
While incurring the risk of being perceived of having a conversation with myself ....

If the Xantrex units are not cross compatible, is their any reason to stick with their MPPT or perhaps I should just go with the Outback unit that's so popular?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:15   #3

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
I don't have experience with the Outback MPPT, but do have an Outback inverter/charger and its control panel will control the Outback MPPT also.

Mark
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote