Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2016, 14:37   #1

Wondering if we got hit by lightning

So after leaving the boat on the hard for 10 months we return and replace the dead house bank, which was old anyway. New batteries in and the victron bms reads crazy when it comes to amps. Ghost loads of 1.5 to 3 amps with everything disconnected. It is still messed up despite the zero function suggested to me in another thread.

In addition, the mppt controller died in a weird way. It comes on and says it is in bulk charge mode but puts out no amps and no voltage rise. Solar panels put out amps and have good voltage. I replaced it with a cheap pwm and we started charging again. Very strange death of a mppt. Nothing visibly wrong and no burnt smell.

Wondering if an emp could have messed some stuff up while we were away. No visible damage. Still unsure of what do do with the flakey bms.

Tags
lightning