Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2016, 16:04   #1

Boat: Hanse 348
Wiring in solar w a neg battery switch

I am trying to complete my solar install. The controllers should get wired directly to the battery. My boat , a lagoon 380 is currently about a 2 hr drive from me, and I am trying to do some planning for wires and connectors.

Lagoon/Beneteau unlike many others switches both + and - for the batteries. I can wire directly to the + battery post, no issue. However, I am unsure as to where to wire - to.

I think my neg from the bat switch goes either to a shunt or a fuse (or both). I am thinking it is a shunt, any other lagoon owners chime in if you know, there is a battery monitor built into the electrical panel. So if that is what I think it is, then assuming if a shunt, it is going from battery side of the switch, and I can wire to the other side of shunt. I guess same strategy with fuse, or worst case I guess I can wire directly to battery side of switch?

I don't want this being switched of course! And I don't want to bypass a shunt if it is there.

Appreciate if anyone else has done this. Thanks.
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, solar, wiring