Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2023, 15:05   #31

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54
Re: What Interior Lights with USB ?

I just bought 7 combo LED reading lights/USB outlets for all of my bunks to replace the old halogen ones.

I wasn't looking for the USB outlets, but they came with the lights.

People have talked about the new PD and QC standards -- that's not what these are for. They are for charging the phone or tablet overnight while you sleep, so the old standard trickle charging is all you want.

They are actually handier than I expected. USB fans will make them even handier; I have no fixed installed fans on this boat (unlike the previous one).

For a charging station, there are panel-mount PD/QC chargers on Amazon. I saw one that goes up to 65w for the PD port, which should be enough for most laptops. It used to be that QC was for phones only, and PD only for laptops, but my latest phones uses PD as well as QC, and seems to charge just as fast on PD. I'm not sure, however, how often fast charging of phones will be needed on a cruising boat. The batteries last longer if you trickle charge them anyway.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2023, 16:58   #32

Boat: Bristol 35.5 1978
Re: What Interior Lights with USB ?

Many thanks for all the charging and/or light options. Especially like the fan idea as summers in the northeast USA can be stinkin' hot. Now to figure out what to put where in preparation for working on my boat in early Spring. thnks
Hoodsail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior