I am a liveaboard
and so frequently charge my batteries
and use them (in the winter, anyway) primarily for cabin lighting
. Came back to the boat
the other night and found my batteries
were completely dead after just a normal day of being away. My battery monitor
showed nonsense on all the displays. I proceeded to charge up the batteries (two banks, wired in parallel) and got a very odd mismatch on the meter. Bank 1 (nearest charger), gives me about 12 volts charged (though used to give me 13+) and bank 2 gives something like 18.75 volts! What's up with that?