Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2018, 17:26   #1

Boat: Contest 35
Victron Setup

Evening all - I am upgrading the solar suite on a boat I recently purchased. I'm adding 2 x 200w solar panels to the boat's arch and controlling the battery charge cycle with a Victron MPPT 100/30. Finally I'm adding a Victron CCGX monitor.

The wiring of the panels to the charge controller and the charge controller to the batteries is straight forward.

However, I'm not as confident in the CCGX set up. Does anyone have experience with them? Can anyone explain the differences between the various connections on the back of the unit - the VE Direct, the VE Bus, and the VE Can? I think I need to connect the MPPT to the VE Direct?

And later when I add an inverter, where would I connect it on the back of the unit?

I didn't find the manuals on-line particularly helpful and I can't find any tech support on the Victron website. So any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!
rtooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:48   #2

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft
Re: Victron Setup

Sorry! I have no idea.

Does anything here help you?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=v...w=1163&bih=528

If any image/diagram/picture looks interesting click it then click "Visit" to get to the article.

Clive
coopec43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:53   #3

Looks like VE Direct based on https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start
tek-noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 22:18   #4

all the victron stuff is a little confusing because they have so many different connection types. and all the models are different.

the smaller solar controlls are VE direct. one cable goes to one port. I think the screen has 2? so you can only hook up 2 ve direct devices. you'd need a ve direct cable. the bigger controllers I think are VE bus. and can be daisy chained. and many items can be added to the screen.

the inverter would likely be VE bus. you'd have to look at the inverter model.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 18:51   #5

Boat: dutch barge. 61ft

the CCGX is a breeze to set up, you just need the correct cable ...the advantage is also when you set up your ccgx on the vrm.victronenergy.com site, you can view all the data. control it from there and even do software upgrades and adjust settings.

If you need help just nudge me
dutch-barge is offline   Reply With Quote