Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 17:52   #1
AAD

Victron Remote Panel Problem

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting my new Victron Blue Power Panel 2 remote to connect to my also new MultiPlus 12/3000/120. Right now I have everything setup in the shop and am using the charger on the MultiPlus to keep an optima battery charged. I also have the MKII USB adapter which I was able to connect successfully to the MultiPlus and adjust charge settings to match my battery.

When I plug the remote panel in I have external 12v power connected at J1 and have pulled the J2 jumper. I have tried connecting the panel to both V.E network outlets on the multi, and have also tried with J12 and J11 jumpers pulled as well. I am also certain that I am connecting to the V.E net connections and not the V.E. bus. When attempting to update firmware from the V.E Bus quick configure on my computer it does not detect the remote (plugged into the multi) either so updating the firmware is not possible.

What's happening now is the screen will power on and show a small "e" at the top and I am able to cycle through a few menu's that all require a password. ...that's it. Meanwhile when the remote is plugged in and the multi is in the "on" position the multi will not work. As soon as remove the cable from the remote the multi will go back into charge mode. Now that my battery is full I've also tried with the AC input unplugged and get the same result.

What can I do to get the remote to work?

Thanks
AAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 18:10   #2
AAD

Just to follow up in case anyone else has a connection issue in the future...

I had assumed that because I purchased a "V.E.net" Blue Power Panel 2 that it required being connected through the V.E.net RJ45 jacks on the remote panel. I was wrong.

The proper way to connect the remote panel to one Multiplus is through the V.E.bus connection on the remote panel. which is detailed in the manual.

"2.3.2 VE.Bus only
* Connect the BPP to the VE.Bus system using a standard cat5
cable with two RJ45 connectors (not supplied).
* Supply power to J1 (9-70 V).
* Ensure that the jumper at J2 is placed."
AAD is offline   Reply With Quote