Before loading the newer version of VEConfigure, remove the older version from your computer.
We now know:
1. That the RJ45 ports on your Victron are ok...they can communicate with your remote panel.
2. That neither the Win7 or XP computer when loaded with ver 90.04.117 will communicate with your Victron.
3. The check out of the MKII USB and cabling on the Victron on another vessel was not done with either of your computers.
1. Use Add/Remove to remove the legacy VEConfigure from both of your computers.
2. Load the latest VEConfigure cited above into both machines.
3. Force a hard reset of your Victron by removing its DC supply for at least ten seconds.
4. Launch the new VEConfigure, allow it to auto detect your COM port and connect to the Victron's RJ45 (leave the Victron remote panel unplugged).
Speaking of computers, are you comfortable wandering around Device Manager under Control Panel
? We may have to go there next. Full disclosure: I know absolutely
nothing about Windows 7 (I have crossed over from the dark side to iMac and I am not looking back!!) but I am very familiar with XP so if we have to wander in Device Manager I can probably find our way back ;-)
It would be interesting to see if your newly configured computer, MKII USB and cable will communicate with the other vessel's Victron.