Due to our pen neighbor wiping out our stern and solar panels
, we had new panels
and controller installed under insurance
A few months after this, when I had been away from the boat
for a couple of weeks I came back to find both House Bank batteries
(Lead Acid) both split in multiple places.
The cowboy installer had left our old solar
controller connected to the batteries
(not to the new solar
array though) - It looks like it eventually shorted out and fried the batteries.
My question is: how damaging is the acid from the batteries to the fiberglass
of the boat
- There are areas that are not accessible where it could have got into?
Thanks In Advance for any answers