Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-08-2015, 09:29   #16

Boat: Fortuna Island Spirit 40
Re: Solar powered boat

Kudos my friend, you stuck it out way longer than most would have.

I'm very glad you posted this as I think it will be eye opening to some people. Even though the simple math shows that electric with solar cannot equal diesel, some people need to see a real life application. What stood out to me was the "50km long trip". You have a very nice well thought out setup, but 50km is only 26 nautical miles, or a 1/4 the typical daily range of a diesel. Your setup is probably double what a standard monohull could fit for panels. Not to mention no ocean swells to contend with. Makes me want to cry for a certain vlog that is trying to repower with electric.

However, I do have a question. It looks like you may be the perfect candidate for a Tesla powerwall. Have you considered this?
travellerw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar