Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2020, 02:26   #16

Boat: 1912 Huon Pine Timber Boat
Re: Solar Charge Setup

Thank you Pete7, I have taken up the advice as it resonates good sense.

The display on the new Solar Controller is showing good charge, and my multi meter reads 13.8v off both batteries (now wired in parallel).

The positive charge goes to the Rotary Switch, which remains in the 'off' position. When underway, it'll be in the 'both' option until I can afford another battery (and if really needed).

Later down the track, I might swap the Rotary switch for a simple on/off power switch as the back of the Rotary looks like its amassing some kind of white, blue greenish dry froth.

It has given me a chance now to identify and label the wires, in preparation to tackling the distribution panel. For now, I simply need interior lights, another bilge pump (making it 3 in total), nav lights, instruments (fuel, battery, oil, tacho) and wall fans.

Trying to grab some manual instruments where possible.

At this stage, I'm undecided whether I utilize the existing wiring, or simply scrap whats there and start from scratch. This is quite a positive learning experience, and everyone has been very helpful. Thank you so much.
Kokonut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grass, solar