Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2024, 05:45   #1

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Searching for cheap battery monitor with relay steering like Victron BMV700

Hi,
I am looking for a cheap battery monitor like the Victron BMV700 that has an additional relay steering output which high programmable voltage cutoff, price in the till 60Euro range…
Without the relay I know several but with relay steering is there one?

With lithium cell prices plummeting you get 6xLTO 20AH Toshiba SCRIB cells that can do 25C=500A for 20000cycles making it the perfect starter or buffer battery for 108$
Just don‘t make sense to spend the same amount of money for a battery monitor then for the battery itself but if there is one for 60Euro that can also do the high voltage cutoff that’s perfect.
Nothing happen when I would overcharge the LTO other then cells are dead, much later then with lead which will also will gas out. But if I can prevent that for 60Euro I would..
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, battery, cheap, monitor, steering, Victron