Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 08:18   #91

Boat: Rainbow 24
Dick, I have a very promising scam theory that I'm just a hair's breadth from bringing to fruition. I don't suppose you have -- hang on (checks Yachtworld) -- $235,500 I could use to complete my research?
Red Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 15:50   #92

I have had a close look at this concept of making power from saltwater and I believe it is possible.
Using specific Radio frequencies does convert salt water to hydrogen. The problem at the moment is that the concept uses more power to make the specific radio waves than the power in hydrogen that is put out.
They make that quite clear in the article.
It is an interesting concept and with research it MAY prove viable.

A more useful energy storing concept is being researched by Purdue University in the USA which combines Aluminium with Gallium which then reacts with water at room temperature to produce Hydrogen on demand.
The alumina powder residue can be reformed into Aluminium and the Gallium is 100% recoverable. 1 lb of aluminium produces 3,000 liters of hydrogen.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 16:05   #93

Boat: Panda/Baba 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquaukee View Post
Matter was not created. It was transformed from part of the energy of the hands striking each other.
E=MV^2 where; M=mass of hands, V= velocity of hands.
C just refers to the velocity of light
Matter was created. Energy was transformed (so to speak) from kinetic energy to rest mass.
anotherT34C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 16:21   #94

Nobody ever suggested in the article that Matter was created.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 21:01   #95
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

"Using specific Radio frequencies does convert salt water to hydrogen."
Cite a source for that, it contradicts all known science.

You can "liberate" the hydrogen from salt water, but in order to "convert" salt water to hydrogen, you'd need to either start with salt water that curiously had the exact same particle ratio (electron-neutron-etc) so it could be converted, or with any other ratio you'd wind up with a partial conversion and then a bunch of waste products and possible energy (particle) liberation. Do the math, you tell me what is in your salt water and write a balanced equation showing the particles In it versus the hydrogen and other products OUT of it.

You cna convert lead into gold--but the price of the required reactor or particle accelerator makes it a damned expensive way to go gold mining.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 05:50   #96
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
How about Buttered Cats?

Based on the twin principles that buttered bread will always fall face down, and cats always land on their feet, consider the consequences of strapping a piece of bread, buttered side up, to the back of a cat, and then dropping it.

The twin "device" will hover just above the ground, rapidly rotating as the buttered side of the bread and the cat's feet compete to land on the ground.

To create your own hovercraft, merely assemble an array of these "buttered cats", and place your boat on top.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 06:14   #97

Boat: Jeanneau 57
I would like to see the endochronic properties of resublimated thiotimoline put to use in order to harness the liberated energy from free (and charmed) tachyons with salt water to produce motive power.
Zanshin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 06:30   #98

Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
How about Buttered Cats?

The twin "device" will hover just above the ground, rapidly rotating as the buttered side of the bread and the cat's feet compete to land on the ground.
Wont work. The cat will eventually "throw out" from all the violent spinning, making a mess everywhere. Dont think I haven't tried...it may be possible to acclimate a cat with multiple washings and or dryings in a machine, but the energy used would be hard to ever recoup. Damned physics!

No cats were harmed in the construction of this post.

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Christian Van H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 16:43   #99

Blacklight power Inc.

We should all read BlackLight Power Inc. to see that there are interesting new things to learn. It may soon be practical on a small yacht? Now it is practical enough that medium sized business is beginning to sign up.

Of course it ain't free...
George Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 16:55   #100

And you can do it onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau View Post
I have had a close look at this concept of making power from saltwater and I believe it is possible. Using specific Radio frequencies does convert salt water to hydrogen...the concept uses more power ... than the power in hydrogen that is put out. They make that quite clear in the article. ...
A more useful energy storing concept is being researched by Purdue University in the USA which combines Aluminium with Gallium which then reacts with water at room temperature to produce Hydrogen on demand.
The alumina powder residue can be reformed into Aluminium and the Gallium is 100% recoverable. 1 lb of aluminium produces 3,000 liters of hydrogen.
A neat method of recycling cans into alumina while producing H2 for anything profitable. It depends upon your location whether it is practical. Have Purdue compared 1lb of aluminium to 1lb of diesel ?
George Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 19:14   #101

I think you all have missed the most valuable point. How can we turn this phenomena into a weapon where you care not how much energy goes into fire?

Tags
salt water