Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2008, 04:04   #1

Boat: 1981 Hunter 27
Quick Question - open/closed circuits on Guest Battery chargers

Hi All,

I am trying to track down a ground leak occurring somewhere on my boat (and eating my zincs..)

I printed out basic diagnostics, the first part of which said turn everything off, disconnect shore power, and disconnect all positive cables from battery.

THEN use a multimeter and see if there is a voltage running from the positive post and the disconnected positive cables. A reading indicates that power is leaking somewhere.

WELL.. I have 3 cables showing power, 2 of which are the reds going to the 2 battery Guest charger (charger pro or something)..

SO.. does this mean that the charger is leaving the circuit closed, and it's just completing a circuit when I run the meter, and all is normal, OR that theres something wrong with the charger?

Hope someone has experience of this..

TIA
Hunter27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery