Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2021, 00:02   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 349
Portable generator waterproof(ish) enclosure?

I am waiting for my new Jeanneau 349 to be built but am trying to plan ahead for certain items I want to add. One of those is a 2kw portable generator. Problem is, where to store it. I don’t plan on doing any far reaching sailing so wasn’t planning on getting a life raft but seems like a good potential place to store it. Plus is that it’s open so it vents, downside is that it is somewhat open to the elements and may get wet while sailing. While it’s not completely exposed, is there any sort of box I can put it in that will both let it vent but keep water out considering the existing protection? See photo below for what I could find.

Letterkenny is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, fish, generator, water