Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-03-2018, 17:38   #1

Boat: Cabo Rico 38
One or two solar panels

I am replacing my current dingy davits with a new arch. This means, that my solar has to be redone as well.
As the arch will be the same width as the davits, I will more or less have also the same space, which on my boat due to it's narrow-ish transom will limit me to one large ~300W panel, or two smaller ~120W panels.
Forgetting for the moment the power difference, what is the pros and cons of one vs two seperate panels.
I'm thinking of redundancy of two panels, benefit of separate controllers to help with partial shading issues. Any others?
On the other side, two panels will be more expensive than the single, larger one, especially when two separate controllers is used.

Looking forward to hear from the experts.

Pete
Afrinus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panels, solar, solar panels

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: