Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 16:20   #1

Boat: 42' Trawler
Onan genset

I have an Onan MDKD 8kw genset. I have an oil leak where the stop assembly pentrates the cover plate on the injector pump. I have manuals that show an exploded view of the stop assembly and there is an o ring on the shaft. I am assuming the leak is around the o ring.I don't have any information on how the stop assembly shaft interacts with the inside of the injector pump. I was wondering if anyone has tackled this problem. I am comfortable removing the cover plate and the stop assembly but am concerned about the reassembly. Does anyone know if there are any special tricks to reinstalling the stop assembly and cover plate?
terrygandh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 18:05   #2

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours
Re: Onan genset

When in doubt,Look up service man. online,then take dig pics of each and everything ya do and fix it by replaceing the O ring, and reasemble as per the pics ! always works for me !!
Old 05-09-2012, 18:59   #3

Boat: 42' Trawler
Re: Onan genset

Thanks - I usually take pictures of everything before and after. Digital cameras are great. As for a service man we are in Hope Town in the Abacos. We have been in the Bahamas for 6 months and are working our way back to Florida. If i can't fix the problem we will head straight there and not play along the way. I have a small gas genset that will keep batteries charged but not much else. I am just concerned that something inside the injector pump will move or a spring will pop out when i pull the plate and assembly.
terrygandh is offline   Reply With Quote