Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2020, 04:36   #1

Lightbulb New Android App: Boat Solar Panel Calculator and Battery Analysis

Dear friends!

I'd like to introduce you new English version of my "Boat Solar Panel Calculator and Battery Analysis" Android application.

This app is analyze your ENERGY CONSUMPTION and production amounts for ALL TYPE OF BOATS, it is determined whether you need solar panels and calculates HOW MUCH SOLAR PANEL YOU NEEDED for the summer and winter season according to the insolation time of YOUR REGION.

According to your CONSUMPTION NEEDS on your boat, whether the HOUSE BATTERIES are SUFFICIENT OR NOT, if what type of (Lead-Acid, AGM, Gel or Deep-Cycle) battery is used, how much BATTERY BANK CAPACITY you need is automatically calculated.

Motor yacht, sailboat, small power boat, catamaran, yacht, fishing boat, etc. Suitable for ALL TYPE OF BOATS, the program is compatible with 6V, 12V, 24V, 48V and 96V battery systems.

This application is not intended to make a very sensitive and scientific calculation, but to give a REALISTIC ANALYSIS and ADVICE that based on the information you enter. Losses, efficiency, etc. Average values ​​were taken as preliminary acceptance in such subjects and criteria, which are very variable according to usage, were not taken into calculation.

You can ANALYZE YOUR SITUATION according to different scenarios by going back and forth between the screens, changing your production and consumption figures.

And you can SHARE the results and your energy consumption report as PDF file with friends.

Click here for free and safe download:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...olarCalculator
ozicozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 06:52   #2

Boat: Newport 28
Re: New Android App: Boat Solar Panel Calculator and Battery Analysis

Downloaded to give it a quick look, seems pretty logical. Not sure if it was mentioned or not, but I did remember to enter USABLE amp hours for the battery bank. Are the calculations made based on the % of usable of a total? For example, if I have a 210 amp hour total capacity, should I be entering that with the expectation that the program is set to calculate based on 50% draw down? or should I manually enter 105 instead, myself?

Other than that though, the initial questions I had were answered right after I thought of them. I clicked on my devices, while thinking 'But how long is it basing this on?' and then the very next screen asked me to estimate time used.

As a general estimation tool, seems to be pretty handy.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:57   #3

Re: New Android App: Boat Solar Panel Calculator and Battery Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlzO View Post
Downloaded to give it a quick look, seems pretty logical. Not sure if it was mentioned or not, but I did remember to enter USABLE amp hours for the battery bank. Are the calculations made based on the % of usable of a total? For example, if I have a 210 amp hour total capacity, should I be entering that with the expectation that the program is set to calculate based on 50% draw down? or should I manually enter 105 instead, myself?

Other than that though, the initial questions I had were answered right after I thought of them. I clicked on my devices, while thinking 'But how long is it basing this on?' and then the very next screen asked me to estimate time used.

As a general estimation tool, seems to be pretty handy.
The usable capacity of the battery is calculated automatically according to the battery type (so you are asked which battery type you use), so it is just enough to write the total battery capacity without any calculation.

thank you for sharing your opinions!
ozicozy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, boat, cal, solar