Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2021, 19:46   #1

Need help with alternator replacement choice.

I have a Yanmar 4JH4BE 54hp engine in a Catalina 42' MkII. The 80amp Alternator is in need of replacement.

1. I would like to replace with DB Electrical ADR0439 from Amazon, which from the description appears to fit every Yanmar engine ever cast but does not include mine in the list? Has anyone any first hand experience with these alternators?

2. Will the ADR0439 require an external regulator?

MickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 21:16   #2
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Need help with alternator replacement choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickB View Post
I have a Yanmar 4JH4BE 54hp engine in a Catalina 42' MkII. The 80amp Alternator is in need of replacement.

1. I would like to replace with DB Electrical ADR0439 from Amazon, which from the description appears to fit every Yanmar engine ever cast but does not include mine in the list? Has anyone any first hand experience with these alternators?

2. Will the ADR0439 require an external regulator?

1. No first hand experience.
2. No, it will be internally regulated.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternator, men