Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2013, 21:02   #1

navy Marine electrical/tron tech, boat builder 1st post

Hi everyone, kinda a resume from just an engineer in coveralls. My finger nails are dirty from bilge and the eng. rm, then over to trons and sat com data 24/7.
Since joining navy and graduating as an EE it took 14 years before I could start a marine elctronics business. Even got to regional NMEA director but you can have that retail stuff. I build big yachts, starting back in 86 at Knight and Carver. Today I learned more new things here reading every post and reply. Your forum is muy bueno.
If someone ever had a marine electronic or electrical question that couldn't be solved in theory or practice, can I take a swing? Im the white middle aged version of Muhamad Ali to marine trons, mechanical and hull surface technology (thats fancy for boat painter), yeah radar, engines and boat painter, to many fumes I know what your thinking.
No joke, I did 17,000 miles at sea on a navy destroyer and also another 17K miles on a 255hp jet ski ( see greg moore vimeo movies) up close and personal. I've Shipyard repaired about everything from a russian sail boat racer to a new zealand and japanese ABS LOYDS boat and done over 40 marine surveys. Yup, would take me two years to get to you but any country, I'm a mobile shipyard on a boat helping all day, everyday until I'm on my beach volleyball court or top of a utah moutain just waiting for my own personal snow field to destroy. Boat work is physical, work outs must be harder than boat work to be a good boat worker. Force, sweat, dirt, getting done to safety standards for over 25,000 marine work orders.
Scurvy boat builder boatworker, ugly, terrible with people, but over 14 years of advanced marine schooling now for 32 years. Your floating machine needs a marine engineers last voice of reason or it just might take an owners last dollar. Not needy, seriously Booked up, slow , slome wait a year but Im so beligerant I only want and like the very toughest problems. Now whats up sailor? I can sail those blow boats. Not enough moving parts for me.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/images/smilies/popcorn.gif
Marine Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 03:40   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: navy Marine electrical/tron tech, boat builder 1st post

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Marine Engineer.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
builder, marine, navy