A friend gave me an old Charge Pro they had so I could top off my batteries
while hooked up to shore power
. I had the charger
hooked up for about 5 hours today and it got really hot and the plastic cover started bubbling out.
I have the 10amp charger
hooked up to my AC panel (with breakers). On the DC side, it is hooked up to one battery
on my house bank (2 group 24 85Ah batteries
ran in parallel). The DC positive is fused with a 10amp fuse within a few inches of the battery
The batteries were drained really low when I started charging
them up (I know they shouldn't be drawn down past 50%
). I have no idea why the charger melted.