Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2019, 16:48   #1

Manufacturer of cockpit LED - Fountaine Pajot Eleuthera 60

Good day all,

I'm trying to find a couple new matching LED lights for our cockpit area. We have these LED lights that are "curved"... any thoughts on where I could get a factory replacement? They should be 24-volt lights.

I've reached out to Fountaine Pajot, but... sometimes they don't even know.

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-01-2019, 17:18   #2

Boat: C&C Landfall 38
Re: Manufacturer of cockpit LED - Fountaine Pajot Eleuthera 60

If the manufacturer can't or won't tell you something as simple as a light fixture.....I would worry about the major systems on a boat they built .....
nwdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 17:34   #3

Talking Re: Manufacturer of cockpit LED - Fountaine Pajot Eleuthera 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdiver View Post
If the manufacturer can't or won't tell you something as simple as a light fixture.....I would worry about the major systems on a boat they built .....
Well, it is what it is. I'm still trying to chase down who built our fridge and freezer, so I can figure out how to replace the seals... but that's another project. This one... is the LED-cockpit-repair project
Old 07-01-2019, 01:27   #4

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft

It looks as though the photos are of the back of the light. Can we have one of the front?
coopec43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:44   #5

If your yacht is an MY37 maybe you might contact these people and they might be a bit more helpful?

https://ocean-yacht-charter.com/deta...7-croatia-1054

Clive
Old 07-01-2019, 01:54   #6

I can't visualise the front of the light. There's a few lights here that are similar.

https://www.google.com.au/search?biw...zFPcZ3htUDJ4M:

Clive
Old 07-01-2019, 02:02   #7

Boat: Dufour 455 GL

A few centimeters of waterproof LED strip lightly glued into the same section of half-pipe?

Nowadays LED strips are inexpensive, and the wiring is nothing more than connecting the two wires to a 12V source.

Even if it was possible to locate exact replacements, the bulk of the money probably goes into the rounded SS pipe, with a few bucks worth of cheap LEDs completing what is likely to retail for several hundred dollars for the pair.

I'd suggest simply replacing the LEDs instead.
LongRange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:23   #8

Maybe you could go to this site - they invite you "to chat with us"

Technical specifications Eleuthera 60

https://www.theglobesailor.com/eleut...ons-sm843.html

Clive
Old 07-01-2019, 11:37   #9

Boat: FP, Eleuthera 60

I gave the freezer and refrigerator the dollar test (when you close the door it should the dollar when you pull), it failed miserably. My Eleuthera had spare seals, same as the old ones. Went to Home Depot and asked for the best refrigerator seals, they gave me these seals that look like a " W ", tucked them on and voila....sorry I'm away from the boat, else I'd give you more info........I don't have those lights on mine, maybe because I have a full bimini, If you were trying to contact FP they were closed for the Holidays, reopened today
MIRELOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:47   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRELOS View Post
I gave the freezer and refrigerator the dollar test (when you close the door it should the dollar when you pull), it failed miserably. My Eleuthera had spare seals, same as the old ones. Went to Home Depot and asked for the best refrigerator seals, they gave me these seals that look like a " W ", tucked them on and voila....sorry I'm away from the boat, else I'd give you more info........I don't have those lights on mine, maybe because I have a full bimini, If you were trying to contact FP they were closed for the Holidays, reopened today
Oh wow, thank you for the tip. I will go see what I can find at Home Depot. I was under the impression that the seal needs to be "seamless". We had a guy who was supposed to come by, but never showed up - bummer.

Thanks for the heads-up on Fountain Pajot. I've got 2-3 questions open with them. I wish I had a full list of the manufacturers, then I wouldn't have to bother them all the time.

We have the soft bimini with the hard centerpiece. We are looking into getting a hard bimini, giving us some more room for more solar (we have 1350 watts right now). Also, the soft bimini leaks when it rains, which sucks.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:20   #11

I just wanted to update this thread, incase someone with the same question finds it.

The lights were actually made by DRSA, which is a company near Fort Lauderdale, here in Florida. I had replaced a number of our LED lights that were in the engine room ($280 ea.), and has stopped working, a few months ago -- which were also made by DRSA.

Since this is the second LED light fixture from DRSA that stopped working, I am starting to question the quality.

Unfortunately DRSA stopped making these LED lights, soooo I suppose I'll look for a replacement fixture.
Old 10-01-2019, 13:56   #12

Boat: Lagoon 400

As per Longrange's advice. Google 24vdc LED strip lights. They come in 5 m rolls and have defined cut points on the strip. You just cut on the strip and solder new leads to the supplied solder tabs. Polarity colouring on wires should be maintained. Use heat shrink or silicon similar to insulate the conections and glue back into your existing SS fixture. Note not all strips are created equal, and cheaper ones may cause you radio / communication interferance as per other discussions in this forum on LED lighting. Additionally different strips have different cut point lenghts, i.e 100mm, 150mm, so it make take some emailing and correspondence with vendors to establish the appropriate product to suit your existing enclosure.
OldGreyB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cockpit, fountaine pajot