Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2015, 13:01   #1

Boat: Ericson 39-B
Magnum Energy inverter - won't power on

I recently took ownership of this boat and many of the projects started by the previous owner were not fully completed. However, this inverter (MS2000) was at one time working properly. I have followed all the proper reset procedures in the manual to no avail. There is a status LED that does not illuminate.

A separate 'network' interface box will flash green once followed by constant red flashing.

This post is probably a bit pre-mature, but I thought I would see if anyone else has had a similar issue before I call up the manufacturer.
sailMKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 22:01   #2

Re: Magnum Energy inverter - won't power on

The bmk box has its own power wires that is probably what you see flashing

Check for 12v at inverter input. It should have a class t fuse and battery switch between battery and inverter. Maybe it's blown it off

The remote screen should turn on with either DC or AC present at inverter . are you plugged into shore power?
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 12:53   #3

Boat: Ericson 39-B
Re: Magnum Energy inverter - won't power on

Negative, the remote display does not turn on under any combination (invert, charge, bypass) while connected to shore power.

All fuses and breakers appear to be in working order. Just a red blinking light on the network box.

Tried disconnecting all DC and AC power sources for a couple hours with no change.
sailMKE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter