Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2019, 22:57   #16

Re: Looking for a gimballed induction marine stove

Hi! Awesome setup. I also just found your post on Reddit. Can you provide any more details on the oven spec and how you built the gimbal? Thanks!
RandyBatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 15:46   #17

Boat: Cal 2-46
Re: Looking for a gimballed induction marine stove

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBatchelor View Post
Hi! Awesome setup. I also just found your post on Reddit. Can you provide any more details on the oven spec and how you built the gimbal? Thanks!
Thanks!

The microwave/oven is just your typical inverter type microwave, with an integrated heating element. You can use a mix of heat + microwaves, or one or the other. Draws 15A at full power. It happens to be exactly the same width as my old LPG stove.

So, I pulled the gimbal mount off the old stove (was riveted), and bolted it to the microwave. Then, I simply set the induction stove on top; it's retained by the old fence/guard that's integrated with the gimbal.

I also added a little hook / fitting at the bottom of the microwave to lock the gimbal when not at sea.

I can take some pictures if you'd like.
glambx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine