Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2018, 12:11   #1

inverter and solar pvs advice

Hi

Looking for some advice here.
My newly boat sailing boat has three batteries: one starter and two domestic all linked to a battery charger. No inverter on board so I am looking at installing one together with a couple of (flexible) pv panels that can be placed on the bimini.
When it comes to electriconics I am not technical at all. Thus am seeking advice as to what I should be looking for, plan, diagrams for wiring. Any good reads about this topic will be greatly appreciated.

Tks
Cag
cagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:09   #2

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: inverter and solar pvs advice

Solar is a separate system really needing its own controllers. Suggest you use MPPT controllers. Flexible PV can be sewn into your dodger and bimini with zippers or velcro For starters see https://www.bruceschwab.com/solar-power/
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, solar