Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2015, 13:30   #1

House battery got very hot

Hi you all
I have the boat for one year 2005 bene 42cc, my first boat ,so no much experience.last week was in bimini I notice my hose battery's was very hot under shore power, I have 2 8d lifeline battery 500 amp, don't know how old they are.When I was anchored they still hot .kept the 13v after 12 hours, charged them with gen 2 hours had good voltage for the night.Now I'm at home left the boat without charging for 3 days, battery cold with 13.6v
What could be the problem, bad charger?bad battery.
Thank you
vitorsouto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015, 13:55   #2
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: House battery got very hot

Hot batteries can become exploding batteries. If you don't completely understand your charging system and electrical system, it might be safest to SHUT the charger completely and get a professional in to check things over. Shouldn't be hard to find one. Could just need water. May be overkill but better than having a battery explosion and fire.

The manufacturing date of the batteries is always printed or stamped on the case. Sometimes right on top, other times on the side, near the top, and covered (intentionally) by one of the large labels.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery