Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2010, 06:24   #1

Boat: Nordhavn 5740
Genetator / Inverter Question

I have a 6kw Northern Lights generator and a Mastervolt 2000W/12V charger/inverter with a remote controller. Both are circa 2009. This morning when I started the generator the charger/inverter started charging as it should. After about 10 minutes I looked at the Mastervolt controller display and noticed that the charging had stopped. I turned off the generator, re-started it and the charging resumed and everything was fine for the next hour+ until I turned the generator off.
Any ideas as to what might have caused the charging to stop? Generator or inverter issue?
Another issue that may be related is that sometimes I have been unable to get the inverter to start inverting by using the push button display on the controller. I have had to go to the inverter and cycle the switch from on to charge and back to on. After I have done this I can use the Mastervolt control panel to turn the inverting function on and off, for a while. However, if I do not use the inverter for several hours then the inverter function can't be turned on via the control panel and I have to go to the inverter and cycle the switch and then the control panel works, again, for a while.
Seems to me that I have a problem with the control panel but want to be sure before I order a new one.
Anybody have any thoughts? And aren't electrical problems fun!

=
gbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 06:48   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
I suggest you call mastervolt. There may be a software update or known situation or it may be a fault with the control panel.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter