I have a next gen 3.5 which has run well for a couple of years.
After reviewing my wiring
, i decide to put in fuses
etc at the batteries
as these were totally absent for engine
, and house banks. So far so good, i then thought about the fact that the generator
was basically hard wired to the batteries
with no fuse or isolation switch. I put in a 250 amp anl fuse and also a simple battery
on/ off switch to disconect the generator
from any power source when not in use or to isolate it in the event of a problem.
Problem is that now the generator starts fine but will not out put any current
. I think the capacitors need exiting?, could this be due to the fact that i leave the generator "cold", ie switch off the switch when i am not using it hence the capacitors discharge? This never happened when the generator was hard wired?