Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-06-2022, 05:13   #1

Generator breaker tripping

Hello, I run charters on a 2020 lagoon 46 and I’ve had several times where the 50amp breaker on the generator trips in the evening and I don’t notice until the batteries are low. The boat normally has a draw of 30-35 amps on a 800ah bank that is brand new, and when I run the generator I have two chargers, one 60amp and one 40amp to charge the house bank. There are two 50amp breakers on the generator, one for all the ac units, and one for everything else. I’m very careful to not use more than one appliance at a time so I don’t know what is tripping this breaker. I do run my 120v watermaker and when the breaker is tripped the watermaker stops and says alarm. However, I am not sure if the watermaker is randomly over pressurizing, causing the breaker to trip, or if the breaker trips and causes it to loose power. If anyone has insight on what might be causing this, please let me know. Thank you.
Snowandsail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator