Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2020, 09:14   #1

Boat: Beneteau 331
Fuse Panel and stuck fuse holder

I posted this under general repair, but I thought I'd also post here:

I opened up the fuse panel to decide if I wanted to attach an accessory to an unused switch. Once open I immediately decided against it. There no room to pull the panel open more than 1 1/2". As near as I can tell the harness was wired to the panel and then pulled through tight enough to limit access.

Last season I went through each fuse to make sure I could get at them. All them worked except one. The fuse carriers have a tab at the bottom that you are supposed to push in and down, then the carrier pops out. This one pops down but won't release out, nor will it go all the way back in.

I'm not going to force it. I thought I'd send these photos to see if anyone has any experience with this type of panel and fuse carrier.

BTW, I plan on carefully putting dielectic grease on the metal connections and dry teflon on the plastic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2733.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	212843   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2730.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	423.7 KB
ID:	212844  

Tmacmi is offline   Reply With Quote