Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 14:18   #1

Boat: Samson C Hawk
Fullriver AGM Batteries

Caps 38 Here

Happy New Year to everyone!
Has anyone had any experience with Fullriver AGM deep cycle batteries.
I am looking to use them on my yacht and would like some feedback.

Thanks
caps38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 19:58   #2
nes

Boat: Island Packet 445
I put a pair of 6 volt batteries in my boat last year. I have taken a 1 week trip out to Catalina island (Southern California), and had no problems. Based on my research at the time, they were about 75% of the price of the big name batteries, and had very similar ratings. They also delivered them to the boat and took my old ones away.
nes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:35   #3

Boat: Island Packet
I have used full rivers group 27 agm's for about 3 years. They are good batteries. I like lifeline much better.
Sailing320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:55   #4
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
On one of the many Battery Threads…. CF ‘battery Guru… Rick did I think a 5 year test on a variety of known AGM’s and he reported that the Fullriver rated the best.

My own experience is very satisfactory.

I purchased 9 x Fullriver DC 260Ah-12 for Stargazer’s 24v system in Feb 2008.
http://www.fullriver.com/products/ad...e/DC260-12.pdf

Annual load and recharge tests each year confirms no degradation so far.

With a Puekerts rating of 1.18 …..recharging is efficient but perhaps it is because I have sized enough capacity to only use 10% SOC in 24hrs and the batteries get recharged in the 70 to 80% range, when on generator, so that bulk rate recharges to 80% in less than 2 hrs on Gen time.

I found the company very easy to communicate and work with on technical questions having recently ordered another 37 batteries for Superyacht projects,

Packaging, shipping, documentation and quality always excellent.

Depending on your location, if you are able to order directly with Fullriver expect to pay about USD 370 to 380.00 FOB each for the DC260-12 AGM based on material costs (Lead) at the time of order.

Hope this helps
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 13:43   #5

I agree that Fullriver AGMs are decent batteries. I have 2 8D FRs installed where the light never shines in an inaccessible corner of my engine room. I also have other wet lead acid 8Ds (Rolls-Surette) in locations where they can be serviced. In future I would switch totally over to the FR AGMs. They charge about twice as fast as the wet batteries and over the past 3 years they do not seem to have any negative attributes compared to the RS wet batteries. Also, the AGMs have the advantage that they may even be positioned on their sides if they fitt better that way round.
chrisjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 13:48   #6

As an afterthought, the FRs also weigh quite a bit more than the lead-acid batteries. My recollection is that the FRs weigh about 200lb each compared to about 160lb for the Rolls batteries. Presumably this a result having even thicker lead plates than the RS batteries that are themselves considered top-of-line for wet batteries. Of course extra weight is not always a positive, especially when humping them into small inaccessible spaces!!
Old 05-03-2020, 00:35   #7

Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez
Re: Fullriver AGM Batteries

How did those Fullriver end up going? How long did they last?
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 02:58   #8

Re: Fullriver AGM Batteries

I had them for 7 years and sold the boat with them still OK. I think they have reduced the weight, so not sure they are now the same.

Tags
agm