Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2017, 05:33   #61

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Liberty 34
Re: Free Open Source Advance Battery Monitor System

I will help of course

And yes you should be able to measure up to 3 batteries individually in one bank connected to one arduino - if you need more then 3 you need to add one more arduino
vtomanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 06:34   #62
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Do multiple units coordinate their data collection so it can be output as one set?
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 06:57   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Do multiple units coordinate their data collection so it can be output as one set?
It's not clear (to me) what you're asking. Maybe describe the output you are after?
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 07:50   #64

Boat: naver 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtomanov View Post
I will help of course

And yes you should be able to measure up to 3 batteries individually in one bank connected to one arduino - if you need more then 3 you need to add one more arduino
i'd like to monitor 3 individually in a single house bank and a fourth that is a start battery so i'll need 2 arduinos for this?
martinworswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 09:28   #65

The only thing that make sense to monitor on the start battery is the voltage .... but yes in the current implementation one arduino support max 3 measuring points . Every measuring point can measure volts and amps and amps per hour or only one of them or combinations...
Old 19-11-2017, 09:31   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
There is one server unit and many measuring units and all is coordinated from the server
Old 31-10-2019, 13:59   #67

Boat: LM 30 Striker

Hi!
Great tool! Searching Ebay to source the parts right now. One question though - and this might be "facepalm basic", but bear with me. Having limited experience with Arduino, I wonder if I got this right. Loading the sketches and so on should be easy peasy, but I wonder about the connection of the V and Ah units. I am g u e s s i n g that the V sensor needs to be connected through own, dedicated wires, directly, and as close to the battery as possible. The current sensor on the other hand can be placed wherever, as long as the wire of the consumer to be measured is run through the hole in the hall sensor. Right so far?
Also in your video - the stern battery bank I assume has three measuring points. In my interpretation, the house has a V and an Ah measure (1), the Starter battery only V (2), and the Vind/solar only measures Ah (3). Correct?
I'd love to see a complete schematics if my interpretation is wrong, as I am having a slight problem interpreting the image of the https://github.com/vtomanov/merix/bl...ix_gauge_2.JPG
Thanks in advance!
/Ranur
Ranur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:28   #68

Boat: LM 30 Striker

Ahhh educating onself is sweet. Got an idea though. Would it be possible to swap the UNO with NRF24L01 module for an ESP8266 like a D1? Would that require any software changes? Just thinking it would make the gauge modules even smaller and less vulnerable to messed up connection.
Ranur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, monitor