Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-06-2014, 08:30   #1

Boat: Tayana FD-12
Fourwinds II hub bolt and bearrings

I had to take mine apart this morning due to warn front bearing. Just as the manual suggested, it was making new types of noises, grinding sounds which were not there before, and within a week, it stalled. During disassembly, Hub bolt came out ok, but is badly worn. I am wondering if anyone know of a place to get a new hub bolt.

Bearings markings are KSK R10VS Japan. I've been finding other R10 bearings like R102RS and am wondering if this is a suitable replacement?
Does anyone know if NSK R10 is also a suitable replacement?

I have to say after 10 years, electronics looks very nice inside the generator. It appears to be a bridge rectifier and and some filtering caps.
This is contradictory to my understanding of rectification happening down at the controller, and AC traveling down the pole wires. I don't get it, why would people(designers) jamb rectifiers inside the housings of the generators/alternators. It's tight, hot, humid, exposed to environment...and you have DC traveling far away to the bank. Why would they not have AC traveling the distance and rectify it near the battery? And this has been the standard way of doing alternators forever.
phorvati is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind