Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2023, 09:00   #181

Re: FireFly Battery Long Term Users - Speakup

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomracer View Post
what brand LFP battery? the ones I was looking at were $1k-$1500 per 100a capacity, plus unknown other changes (dc/dc charger, load dumping considerations etc) . Reading Rod's well documented page, shows it is more than just swapping batteries! https://marinehowto.com/drop-in-life...ated-consumer/

My concern is my ignorance with LFP. Not knowing what I don't know. I know my FF won't last forever I want to make the jump to LFP, just nervous about designing my system myself. Contracting it out will likely be cost prohibitive.
SV/Jedi had a good diagram for an LFP installation a couple months ago in the lithium forum, where the alternator was isolated from the lithium bank. Basically the alternator charged a lead acid battery and the lithium were an isolated house bank. I thought it was a good example of a simple lithium installation/ conversion with the least amount of hassle.
BAD ORCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2023, 13:37   #182

This video mirrors my experience with Firefly G31 batteries. Having said that I do still have one G31 that I am using as an engine start battery...

Britishsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2023, 18:50   #183

Boat: R&C Leopard 40

If anyone is looking I have three great condition L15+ 4v batteries. Less than 3 years old. 450AH @ 12v nominal capacity. Located in Curacao. I have had zero problems with these since installation. We ran them with 3 other identical batteries.

Tags
battery