Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2019, 22:32   #1

Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez
Fan on light circuit + switch + fuse

A boat I was looking at the other day had the fan on the light circuit (which is now LED) - nothing unusual about that.

But whoever installed it had added a fuse between the fan and light and in addition to the switch on the front of the fan, had installed another switch on the housing of the light.

I just can't understand why the extra switch? Isn't the fan switch enough?

Anyone able to tell me what I am missing?

Cheers

AG
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2019, 02:56   #2

Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Re: Fan on light circuit + switch + fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl.NZ View Post
A boat I was looking at the other day had the fan on the light circuit (which is now LED) - nothing unusual about that.

But whoever installed it had added a fuse between the fan and light and in addition to the switch on the front of the fan, had installed another switch on the housing of the light.

I just can't understand why the extra switch? Isn't the fan switch enough?

Anyone able to tell me what I am missing?

Cheers

AG

Was the fan multispeed? It's a pain pressing the button multiple times to turn the fan off. Or maybe the light was in a more convenient position to access the switch from wherever someone is sitting or lying. The fuse probably came with the fan and someone didn't want to void the warranty. Or maybe it's just a PO thing.
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote