Thanks all for the replies!
Here is a little more info.
I didn't see anything loose - but maybe the burnt wire was melted in place.....
The last two inches of the wire going into the breaker had some melting of the cover - the rest looks fine. I'm going to replace it anyway.
Here is a little more info. When I turned on the generator
and when the shore power
was plugged in - both made the wire hot. So I am guessing both legs coming into the junction is okay.
From the junction (switch for generator
/ shore power) the wires on it had some melting. So my question - if I replace the burnt breaker and the wire in-between the switch and the breaker - is this a possible fix? Or - could something downstream like the water heater
or another device be the culprit? Thanks!! _steve