Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2018, 05:24   #16

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 32
Re: Batteries in the bilge ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
My only query would be do you really need 3 x 31 type batteries for a house bank on a 28ft yacht? We manage with a pair and that includes TV occasional heating, lights and laptops etc.

Pete

Just the way it came from the PO. He made a short cruise to the Bahamas and wanted to be sure he could run the fridge (which ironically was shot when I bought her ! Lol). Also had 2 100w solar panels rail mounted that he said worked well for him. I plan to put the panels up on an arch. They are off the boat for now as I don't need them at moment.

Personally I plan to keep it the same way. My post was just from doing some wondering about locations and I think I found my thoughts answered. The platform for them is very secure and I don't think you can ever have to much reserve when cruising. I hope to be able to run a small fridge and I'd like to add a small water maker also. I may have to add a wind generator to my solar panels to power everything but we shall see.
OldManMirage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bilge