Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2023, 23:01   #1

Boat: Saga 27
ATEMPOWER 3000 watt inverter

I have 1600 watts of solar panels, 800 amps of batteries and a 80 amp regulator on the small boat I live on. I have had a Victron small pure sine wave inverter for more than 10 years now and it's never missed a beat, even though it's on for about 6 hours a day nearly flat out. I can recommend the Victron very highly. My system keeps up very well in the summer but with the winters sun low in the sky I sadly have to use my little Honda 10i, 1 kva generator and CTEC battery charger (both also highly recommended) Note, if using battery chargers with the Honda generator, I also run a 100 watt incandescent light bulb along with the Battery charger to stop the generator being fooled into thinking there's no load on it while charging batteries, otherwise to my past experience of a burnt out generator, the generator with a battery charger connected can be fooled. Even though the generator can run on eco throttle, I always run it on high. I think the gen gets fooled when the modern battery chargers are running through the initial checking of the battery status and you can hear the generator motor hunting.
About 18 months ago I purchased a ATEMPOWER 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter to use for about 10 minutes a day to make toast and coffee in the morning. Because the inverter was running OK, a few months ago I also bought a ATEMPOWER marine battery box with voltmeter, USBs and cig sockets, which, within a month or so, absolutely nothing worked on it. It was truly useless. I left a review on the sellers website and within a day, my poor 1 star review was taken down (they obviously didn't want to ruin their 5 star average reputation!!) Anyway, a few days ago the ATEMPOWER 3000 watt inverter stopped working too with a nasty little popping sound. After inspection the 3 internal fuses had totally melted together in a real molten mess. I replaced the fuses and checked all terminals and wiring, turned it on again with only 600 watts of load and it then started to pulsate and turn on and off. I again checked the internal fuses and all connections, turned it on again with 600 watt load and it then blew the inline 300 amp circuit breaker!! At this stage, after knowing what a dodgy inverter can do to a boat (fire) I through it in the rubbish bin, it's not worth it. As this all happened after less than 18 months, I left a 2 star review on ATEMPOWERS five star average review web site.... Again it was taken down. Now that's a very poor show ATEMPOWER. My solar system is at least 20 years old and luckily I bought BP solar panels (made in Australia, sadly not available anymore), Plasmatronics regulator (made in Melbourne) Victron inverter (made in Europe) and high quality oversized wire throughout.... But, add some Chinese made products and I get 2 months to a year out of them!! I've had so many problems with many other Chinese made products over the last year or two, are they becoming even poorer quality? I will leave my reviews on the Cruisers Forum review section too.
Budgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, power