Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-07-2021, 20:08   #1

Any possibility? Inverter control panel switchover??

So Ive happily upgraded my old Freedom inverter which had a great battery charger and solid output, but not pure sine. And installed a nice new AIMS full sine 2500 which will easily run anything on board, my washer and dryer, heaters and appliances. And it has a nifty three stage battery charging output that seems to work great. But the control panel is really simple with just on/off and status LEDs and none of the amperage draw indicators or battery bank voltage level that the old freedom panel has. Its so nice to see the DC draw and the amperage of charging output. Those are great features.

I just WISH there were a way that the old freedom control panel that plugs in with a phone cord just like the new AIMS panel does could be substituted for the simple AIMS panel...A phone line is a four wire system, right? I wonder if anyone knows how its wired and what it would take to adapt it. Id sure love to have those charge/draw level indicators available as with the old Freedom Xantrex.

Lots of really knowledgeable techs on here so thanks in advance to any who may know!
doog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2021, 21:47   #2

Re: Any possibility? Inverter control panel switchover??

Add a battery monitor. Like a victron bvm 712.

If you had a link 1000 or 2000 screen it will still work for this. You would need both screens.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:08   #3

Thanks! I had a 2000 but replaced it with a 4000, but still using the control panel for the 2000 which works fine for either hart-freedom unit. Its got great bar graphs which Id love to be able to use with the new AIMS to monitor charge levels and draw under inverter use.
Old 16-06-2022, 07:55   #4

simply added a cheap digital volt meter and it does a great job of telling battery state of charge by voltage without the nifty bar graph which is just a reflection of same information.

Tags
control panel, inverter