Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2015, 10:08   #151

Re: A Wind Generator Review

I have had a Duogen for 10 years. We used it on our first yacht with Davits. We just mounted to one side so it could swing into water mode around the Davits.
In water mode the output is great. In wind mode it is on a par with all similar size windmills, poor. You need a lot of constant wind for a wind turbine to out perform a moderate sized soar set up. It is a rare thing when I am glad I have wind turbine, but I wouldn't be without the water mode when on passage. It effectively runs our boat load when sailing

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Wild Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 18:15   #152

Between solar panel and wind gen no problems with power one always kicks in when needed
Benjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:44   #153

Boat: 1987 Nauticat 38

On my soon to be purchase ( marine survey this week) I'm about to purchase solar panel(s) and wind gen set up. It appears the D400 is the one of choice. Uncertain about solar panel brand.Is it possible to have one control center for both? Currently the only charging source besides main is 40amp land line charger. Do I avoid West Marines RDK rigid 95w purchase option? Any suggestions appreciated.

Tags
generator, wind generator, reviews