Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2017, 05:17   #1
rom

Boat: Lagoon 440
WPS (re)location

Hi, I have this project of adding a washdown pump (my L440 doesn't have this option) and was quite impressed by my friend's L450 installation. I really like what they did putting both WPS & washdown pumps inside the boat (aft port cabin).

The WPS pump takes a lot of room in the L440 front locker where I would rather store 3 to 4 fenders. Also this locker gets a little salt water here and there and the system is quite rusty now.

Has anyone relocated it ?

As for the washdown pump I am currently looking at the jabsco hotshot series. I will connect it to freshwater only. I might as well change the WPS pump for the Par max series like the L450. Though it is rated at 2.8 bars like mine it obviously provides more pressure !
rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 13:19   #2

Re: WPS (re)location

"I will connect it to freshwater only."

On our L450 the wash down pump is selectable salt/fresh water. We use the salt function 99% of the time for cleaning mud off anchor an chain and on the rear occasion we land a big fish for washing the blood and guts overboard.

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 13:43   #3
rom

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: WPS (re)location

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinOz View Post
"I will connect it to freshwater only."

On our L450 the wash down pump is selectable salt/fresh water. We use the salt function 99% of the time for cleaning mud off anchor an chain and on the rear occasion we land a big fish for washing the blood and guts overboard.
yes I knew someone would say that, but I need the washdown pump to get rid of salt on the boat from time to time, not to add more. I do not go often to marinas and most of them have water restriction in Corsica in summer anyway, so I need to clean the boat with freshwater. Like you I have lots of solar and a watermaker so no problem.
rom is offline   Reply With Quote