Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2016, 01:06   #16
rom

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Would you put the batteries into the cockpit locker ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONDO View Post
here you go Rom some photos of my install as you can see only 2 batteries so far but cleats are in position for 2 more.
Also i plan to install 2-2x4 hold down beams between side bulk heads across the top of the battery bank and then a shelf on top.
Check the table below to determine your fuse sizes correctly..
cheers Rondo
Very cool ! That's a nice and clean installation you've done. Two questions though:
1. Don't you have to put the batteries in some dedicated plastic box ? (I just checked the french regulation and this obligation actually disappeared in 2015. Good for me :-)
2. I like your white painting. Did you reinforce the link between floor and walls before painting ? it seems you have more fiberglass than I do. And there might be a good reason for that ! see attached picture ... my boat is 2006.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3327.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	123945  
rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:48   #17

Boat: lagoon 440.
Re: Would you put the batteries into the cockpit locker ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom View Post
Very cool ! That's a nice and clean installation you've done. Two questions though:
1. Don't you have to put the batteries in some dedicated plastic box ? (I just checked the french regulation and this obligation actually disappeared in 2015. Good for me :-)
2. I like your white painting. Did you reinforce the link between floor and walls before painting ? it seems you have more fiberglass than I do. And there might be a good reason for that ! see attached picture ... my boat is 2006.
hi. thanks i like to seal each area as i rebuild them.
1.I do not install agm batterries in boxes as you can stab them and nothing will leak out and i like to ventilate them to prevent overheating while charging...
2.yes my bulk-heads and floors were detached and cracked like yours due to poor building technique .So I ground a 5"margin on all seams and re -filleted with epoxy and then 3 layers of biaxial tape.I have repaired this boat in many areas using this technique.
cheers Ron
RONDO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cockpit