a 400 after having had a new 380 premium for a year (which was excellent and the quality of design and systems impressed me after a year of 3,000 nm).
1) the 140 cm wide bed
in owner stateroom (even narrower at the footend) I will widen to full width - 160 cm Ikea slat bottoms; Ikea 160x200 rectangular mattrass
2) is the desk in owner stateroom not too low ?
3) I wish the designers would realize people use laptops instead of pens these days. So no more fiddle rails which hurt your arms when you are working on such tables with a fiddle rail imprinting your arm painfully.
4) in the saloon
- the "dead corner" to the left of the sliding door as you come in has no view - so why have a half height cupboard there, it would be so much better to have a full height cupboard there - with a fridge in the top half - such that no bending down is needed to get something from the fridge several times per day !!
5) more cupboards glued to ceiling to left of microwave - like they added in the end to the right.
6) I think I would miss the forward facing double bench with backrest that the 380 comfort has - 400 only has stools. I sit there most of the time on watch behind my laptop
, nice in the middle, comfortable and when typing can keep a lookout. That place would in 400 probably be behind the chart table - but you would need a chair with backrest to be comfortable there (I spend days behind my computer working and writing) - which is the ideal chair ?
7) For the technical modifications - does anyone have a wiring
diagram for the entire boat
8) Will fit lots of solar panels
on the bimini
9) Will fit deckwashpump on salt
and fresh water
(did same on my 380 premium it was perfect)
10) I fitted a bigger calorifier
and a 3 coil one to add diesel heater
to make hot water
- that was so perfect I will repeat that but probably electric
coil as will have generator
this time round. Nice to have hot water when anchoring
for long periods.
machine and electric
toilets (call me spoilt but I have lived on boats for 8 years now ... there is only one way to do it ...)
12) Halogen lights for nice atmosphere (or have they got round to doing warm nice yellowish LEDs now instead of bright white horrible)
or Manson Supreme anchor
instead of Delta
14) 100m of chain instead of 75m
15) Electric cooker (unsure ?!)
16) Mastervolt combined generator/charger/inverter saves space and weight, awesome appliance ...
Anything else you did on your 400 ??
What of the performance ??
What of the rumour that the 400 creaks like a Spanish galleon ?