Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2012, 18:56   #16

Boat: Lagoon 410 ELECTRIC!
Re: used Lagoon 410 for a beginner

Don't know if this was one of a couple 410's listed for sale in the islands for around $125k to $150k, about that year, but the talk was from several who had seen them was they were NOT even worth that. There was nothing working, interior was distroyed, motors and saildrives needed to be replaced, rigging was shot. Totaly abused and neglected.

Steve in Solomons MD
Lagoon 410 SE
Hyprdrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 23:34   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyprdrv View Post
Don't know if this was one of a couple 410's listed for sale in the islands for around $125k to $150k, about that year, but the talk was from several who had seen them was they were NOT even worth that. There was nothing working, interior was distroyed, motors and saildrives needed to be replaced, rigging was shot. Totaly abused and neglected.

Steve in Solomons MD
Lagoon 410 SE
Yeah thanks for your reply, I was thinking the same, probably they don't worth the money and the time that you need to spend with if almost everything inside needs to be replaced Now I'm looking for some owned version by someone that lived abroad and didn't used that as charter, they surely costs more but definitely they worth their money!

The only way to make a good deal buying a boat is to do that from people that have money and didn't neglected it
james3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 14:40   #18

Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyprdrv View Post

Steve in Solomons MD
Lagoon 410 SE
Was there any word on how they got to be so bad? Were people firing shotguns in the cabin? Was somebody keeping a herd of goats on board?

Unless these boats were sunk, or otherwise severely damaged, I don't understand how they could have gotten that bad simply from "neglect". It seems like this level of damages would require some commitment and effort.
ArtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 13:09   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtM View Post
Was there any word on how they got to be so bad? Were people firing shotguns in the cabin? Was somebody keeping a herd of goats on board?

Unless these boats were sunk, or otherwise severely damaged, I don't understand how they could have gotten that bad simply from "neglect". It seems like this level of damages would require some commitment and effort.
Yes as I said the best think to do would be to take a look to the boat ,but that price even if seems attractive could you give the surprise that buying + refitting that boat will cost the same as buying a better condition one directly; since is a charter boat you will never know how much was abused!!
Actually I realized that the best think to do is to look at the owner market boat; they cost more but if you want to live abroad are definitely the best solution even cos they were already equipped to live abroad.
If you go to visit that catamaran post some impressions / pictures!!
james3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 16:11   #20

Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'
Re: Used Lagoon 410 for a Beginner

That's a 4000 mile trip from where I am now, I'll pass on this for now.

Is anyone in the area interested in stopping buy and seeing what happened to these boats?

I do plan to send an e-mail to the broker, when I get around to it. Supposedly he has a survey. Depending on what I find out, I might hire an actual surveyor to get more details, but for now I'm not in any rush.
ArtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:08   #21

Boat: seawind 26'
Send a message via Skype™ to BillnKim

that lagoon seems like a good buy
BillnKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:20   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillnKim View Post
that lagoon seems like a good buy